Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

i just want to ask if the contraception pills side effect to

i just want to ask if the contraception pills side effect to limit my future wife ability to get pregnant after stopping it? noting that she is a version - and plan to take the pills for 1 year. does the pills could affect her hormones and make her unable to have a baby in the future.

i don't know which category to choose , so please select the most relevant one with the best expertise with this issue

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

As a general rule the use of hormone based birth control pills (this is the usual type) will not limit your wife's ability to conceive after she stops using them.

RickMD :

I do not believe you have anything to fear on this issue. Studies have shown no significant problems after taking oral birth control pills even after ten years. As such I would not expect any issues after only one year of use.

RickMD :

She should stop using the pills one month before she would like to try and become pregnant.

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : As a general rule the use of hormone based birth control pills (this is the usual type) will not limit your wife's ability to conceive after she stops using them.
RickMD : I do not believe you have anything to fear on this issue. Studies have shown no significant problems after taking oral birth control pills even after ten years. As such I would not expect any issues after only one year of use.
RickMD : She should stop using the pills one month before she would like to try and become pregnant.
RickMD : Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick