Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care
13500761

I am always hungry it seems even if I'm not really hungry

I am always hungry it seems even if I'm not really hungry and yes I am overweight but it seems that no matter what I try I don't lose weight. And I don't eat all the time either. What could be the reason.
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

Have you mentioned this to your primary care physician or any other doctor?
How long has this been going on? What is your height and weight?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes I did and he put me on Victizia and I lost around 50 pounds but now it's creeping back up. I am 5'1" and 182 lbs and the dosage is 1.2 once a day

Are you diabetic?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Not to my knowledge if I am it's never been confirmed

The reason I asked is Victoza is generally prescribed to those with type 2 diabetes and is used to help control their blood sugar levels.

I suggest you make an appointment with the doctor that prescribed the Victoza. ( I assume it was your primary care doctor.) Verify whether or not you have been tested for diabetes. If you haven't, ask that you be tested.

Let he/she know of your constant hunger and weight gain. I think it is mainly stress related but you need to confirm whether or not you are diabetic first, to make sure this isn't the cause.

If you are not diabetic, ask for a referral to a mental health professional who deals with eating issues.
Can I answer any other questions? If so ,feel free to ask. Otherwise, Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit.