Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

My blood test showd 1999. for my B12. How will this stay in

my blood test showd 1999. for my B12. How long will this stay in my system and should I discontinue taking b12 vitiams...I was taking 2000 units a day. will it affect my liver?
Doctor Cameron :

hello

Doctor Cameron :

Toxicity from overdosing on vitamin B12 is rare, because excess amounts of the vitamin are either not absorbed by the body or easily flushed from the system. That being said, in some people, they may develop dry skin, blood clots and diarrhea

Doctor Cameron :

It is not toxic to the liver.

Doctor Cameron :

Normal blood level of vitamin B-12 ranges between 200 and 600 picogram/millileter

Doctor Cameron :

You should discontinue your vitamin B12. Since it is water soluble, it will take a week or so for the levels to drop.

Doctor Cameron :

did you see what I wrote?

Doctor Cameron :

I wouldn't worry about it. Toxicity is really rare and even then, there are hardly any symptoms.

Customer:

yes, and where is the green accept button for me to typ for ea answer

Doctor Cameron :

Did I provide you with excellent service (I will have customer service address it- there have been some bugs)?

Customer:

so, I can continue to have a few drinks and discontinue my vit b12 right??? I was real worried yes you have been very helpful, I just asked one last question,,, you gave excellent service Thanks

Doctor Cameron :

Yes, you can have a few drinks :-)

Customer:

Good night thanks again