Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I Have a vibration Sensation over the tip of penis, why it"

-- because it falls within...
I Have a vibration Sensation over the tip of penis, why it" -- because it falls within my area of expertise. I just need a few more details about your situation and I will get to work!
8/30/2012
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Thank you for your question. This is Dr. Robert, I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I am going to assist you with your question.
First I need a little more information-
Do you have burning sensation in penis while you urinate?
Do you have history of unprotected sex with multiple partners?
Have you noticed bumps or blisters on genitalia?
Do you have any other associated symptoms?
Do you have any other medical issue?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

No I don't have any burning sensation.

No never

No

No

No

Dear *****ph,Thanks for providing the additional information.
Well, your symptoms are most likely from the muscle stiffness or nerve irritation at penis tip. This can occur sometimes, and is usually self limiting in nature.
It can come due to tight undergarments, certain postural issues, or from long sitting job. You need to avoid undue pressure on the affected area.
You should drink plenty of fluids, you should wear loose garments.
Most likely you will be free from such symptoms in 1-2 weeks.
If your symptoms doesn't improve in 2 weeks, then you may need a urine culture and a semen culture for the diagnosis. A course of antibiotic would be needed for the treatment.
All the Best!!
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with EXCELLENT SERVICE.
Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
Thank you

I do have one more question. I have white rashes and scratching sensation on penis,Do you suggest any medication or ointment.

Dear *****ph, White rashes and itching sensation occur with a yeast infection -either candidiasis or seborrheic dermatitis.
Yeast infection are very common, they are present nearly everywhere in the environment and settle on our bodies everyday. In humid areas of the body (like the skin flexures and the genitalia) they can germinate and grow producing a rash.
To treat such symptoms, you need to mix 1% Cortizone cream with 1% Clotrimazole cream and applying the mixture twice a day on the affected area for 7 days. These are available as OTC.
All the Best!!
Thank you

OTC ? full form please..!

Joseph, OTC drugs means OVER THE COUNTER. You can get such drugs, from pharmacist without prescription. You can easily get these drugs as advised in previous post and should use it for 1 week.
All the Best!!
Thank you
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Relist: Answer quality.
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

The vibration sensation at the tip of the penis has been reported to be a symptom of prostatitis,inflammation of the prostrate gland.This may be secondary to a bacterial infection,in which case there may be accompanying increase in frequency of urination,burning during and after voiding urine,pain in testicles and heaviness in the perineum.Abacterial Prostatitis may be caused without any infective process,may be caused by too frequent or too infrequent ejaculation,sexual arousal without ejaculation,prolonged bicycle/horse riding,prolonged sitting,excess of spicy food/alcohol/caffeine in the diet may also lead to this.You may need to consult your PCP/Doctor or Urologist who can examine you and do a Digital Rectal Examination(DRE) to confirm the problem.Treatment will depend on the cause identified after investigations which will include antibiotics if infective in nature,Sitz bath,alpha adrenergic drugs like Flomax,1-2 warm baths per day,avoiding prolonged sitting/excessive bicycle or horse riding/prolonged sitting especially in automobiles.Regularising and moderating sexual activity will also help.

For fungal infection of the glans ,use of OTC antifungal creams like Clotrimazole(Canasten),Miconazole will help.The cream needs to be applied 2-3 ties daily for 3 weeks after symptoms have cleared up to prevent a relapse.Ensure that your partner also undergoes antifungal therapy at the same time as you do to prevent reinfection.

Is there any more information that you wish to know regarding the problem?
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor