Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have thrush i think so ibaught creamvagisil toget rid i

Customer Question

i have thrush i think so ibaught creamvagisil toget rid i have used it for a week and it still itches what can i do can you sujest anything for me
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.
What is your age?

How long have you been having the itching?

Have you had thrush before?

Are you having any white discharge per vagina?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am 71years of age beenitching for two weeks no i have not had thrush before not having white discharge

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can you answer me please about my thrush

So sorry for the delay in the answer, I was offline.

Since you do not have white discharge, and you have not had thrush before, and considering your age, I do not think it is thrush.

Instead it is likely to be a condition called atrophic vaginitis - this is a drying of the mucosa of the vagina leading to itching.

It could also be an allergic reaction to something you are in contact with.

You have to show your doctor for this. Show your gynae for this - or show your Family Physician/ Primary Care Physician. A proper examination is needed to find out the cause. Ask your doctor about atrophic vaginitis.

Since you have tried with the anti thrush cream for two weeks already and you are still having the itching, this makes it more unlikely that it is thrush.

Best to see your doctor and get examined to find the proper diagnosis.

For now, do not use the anti thrush cream. You can take an antihistaminic like Tab. Claritin (OTC) which will give relief from the itching.

Take care - see your doctor for this - this is necessary for a diagnosis as this does not sound like thrush.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a four or five star rating, or an 'excellent/good service' rating, depending on what is displayed for you. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is it ok if i uesed e45 cream

you can use the E45 cream.

It is an emollient and will help with dryness.

Take care.

With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.

I notice that you have not rated or accepted my answer as yet.

Do you have any further questions? If so, please do ask, I am ready to help you.

But if my answer has helped you, you need to click on a four or five star rating, or a 'excellent/good service' rating, depending on what is displayed for you. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work. Otherwise I do not get credit for the time I spent on researching and looking up your answer. You have already paid the site, you do not need to pay again, a 'five star' or 'great service' rating will only ensure that I get credited from the site. Without the rating, the deposit remains with the site and I do not get any benefit.

So I have not really got any advantage for the time and effort spent with you till date. I do hope you give a positive rating for my benefit.

Take care, and have a nice day.

Dr. P. Jyoti

It is not fair if I do not get any credit for the time and effort I have spent in helping you.

Take care, and have a nice day.

Dr. P. Jyoti