Medical

I have a lump at the very bottom of my right breast all most…

hello i have a lump...
hello i have a lump at the very bottom of my right breast all most on my rib, it feels like a fatty tissue that i can move slightley. it has been there for about four months but becomes very sare around when my period is due, then after my period i dont really notice it,i am 48 do not smoke not over weight, or drink a great deal. no family... Read full answer
hello i have a lump at the very bottom of my right breast all most on my rib, it feels like a fatty tissue that i can move slightley. it has been there for about four months but becomes very sare around when my period is due, then after my period i dont really notice it,i am 48 do not smoke not over weight, or drink a great deal. no family history. for the last month my collar bone on the same side has become sare
.i am worred sick
8/21/2012
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Hello
Thanks for your question.
Since the lump changes in size with your period, this is likely fibrocystic disease of the breast (FCD).
This is a benign or harmless condition which is influenced by the estrogen level in the body.
When the estrogen level increases as your period approaches, the lump gets bigger and sometimes may be painful as well.
This can also be fatty lump or lipoma which is also a benign condition.
Given your negative family history, this does not sound concerning.
The sore collar bone can be due to the muscle soreness or stiffness.
Stress physical and emotional can cause these symptoms.
Besides fluids, eat fresh fruits like bananas, apples, grapes, berries as they are rich in antioxidants and essential minerals to help with your symptoms.
You can get this checked by your doctor when your appoint is due but there is no urgency.
Best wishes,

i am worried as i have read breast cancer can give pain to collar bone

That is not a common occurrence.
And by the time breast cancer reaches the collar bone, you will have other symptoms like swollen glands, big hardened mass in the breast.
Hence, this is just anxiety related not breast cancer.
Please do not worry.
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Been dealing with lower left abdomen pain and in belly
been dealing with lower left abdomen pain and in belly button and lower right but when pressing in on lower left feel a hard spot and have had some inflamed glands and swelling in bottom of legs and a… read more
Christopher Palmer
Christopher Palmer
DO
I have this lump on one of my ribs in my breast, it feels
I have this lump on one of my ribs in my breast, it feels soft but doesn't move, what could this be?… read more
Doctor,
I have a lump above my left collar bone, my collar bone is
I have a lump above my left collar bone, my collar bone is sore and I've noticed soreness in my breasts and left shoulder. … read more
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
FCPS (R) General Surgery,
M.B.,B.S. FCPS
Stop searching for answers—
Under my collar bone I have what feels like another very
Hi..under my collar bone I have what feels like another very swollen bone, quite like a rib. I also feel like I have another hard swollen long lump, also like a bone, from my chest wall to my right ni… read more
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
I have a lump about the size of a baseball at the bottom
i have a lump about the size of a baseball at the bottom right side of my ribs it is tender when i touch it … read more
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Assistant Professor, Critical Care,
I have a hard knot/lump on my upper chest, well above the
I have a hard knot/lump on my upper chest, well above the breast, about 2 inches below my throat on the left side, but begins very near the center -- a definite difference from the right side. Not ten… read more
Doctor,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have 2 massive lumps in my breasts. they began to grow
i have 2 massive lumps in my breasts. they began to grow when my breasts developed 15 years ago. they are quite bumpy to touch and move around. it feels like they are attached to my breast bone. very … read more
Board Certified Physician,
I have a hard nodule on right under my collarbone - almost
I have a hard nodule on right under my collarbone - almost attached to the end. I have been very sick for the last week - and I cannot say with certainty whether the nodule is new but I only noticed i… read more
Doctor,
Radiology question~ i was wondering how deep they can see
radiology question~ i was wondering how deep they can see into the tissue when they do a breast ultrasound? i had one on a small lumpy i could feel deep into the tissue but easilly felt by touching it… read more
Board Certified Physician,
I am haveing a burning feeling in my left breast and upper
Hi I am haveing a burning feeling in my left breast and upper arm, I am worried and have booked a mamagram is this symtomps of brest cancer?… read more
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun
Senior Registrar Dept of Urology,
Pursuing Masters
About 2 years ago while I was having shortness of breath
About 2 years ago while I was having shortness of breath being evaluated I noticed a lump about 2 inches long along the rib just below the collar bone. It was new. The docs all said it was nothing, an… read more
Board Certified Physician,
I have a swelling at my breast bone, it dont hurt, but it is
I have a swelling at my breast bone, it dont hurt, but it is like a lump. Should I be worried, or would this be where they found asmall hiatal hernia in my ct scan of my chest.… read more
Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby
Family Physician,
Stop searching for answers—
About 2 months ago I noticed a couple small lymph nodes
About 2 months ago I noticed a couple small lymph nodes under my right arm pit area. There has nbeen no changes, and had my Dr check them, said they were normal nodes, and I could feel them because I … read more
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims
U.S. Licensed Physician,
I have a lump on left arm the middle of my arm joint at the
i have a lump on left arm the middle of my arm joint at the top, it causes a dull ache down my arm to my fingers which triggers my finger to twitch, the pain has gone up in to my breast bone in to the… read more
Cosmetic Doctor
Cosmetic Doctor
Private practice,
While absentmindedly rubbing right collar bone I noticed a
While absentmindedly rubbing right collar bone I noticed a small (maybe a1 /4 in or slightly smaller) bump. It reals round, easily moveable and pops back under collarbone as I rub finger across. I've … read more
Dr Wu
Dr Wu
I am a 13 year breast cancer survivor. I had a mastectomy -
I am a 13 year breast cancer survivor. I had a mastectomy - it was a 2.5 cm tumor - no nodes, er positive. Recently I noticed that a rib right under the affected breast has what seems like a long grow… read more
Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby
Family Physician,
31 year old female. I have A very hard lump on the bottom of
I am A 31 year old female. I have A very hard lump on the bottom of my breast bone where my ribs connect. It has been there for about 2 years. It is about the size of an olive. Sometimes it is not pai… read more
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir
Lump on my collar bone. Xray and cat scan showed nothing. Dr
Lump on my collar bone. Xray and cat scan showed nothing. Dr says it is soft tissue. A lot of pain, radiating from area, to arm, neck, back, etc. Should I be concerned? Pain has continued to move down… read more
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron