How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. RK Your Own Question
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2913
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. RK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a male 60 years old and both breast have been sore the

This answer was rated:

i am a male 60 years old and both breast have been sore the last few days and are swollen. I have a doctor appt on Wed to go over lab report and for a physical should i just wait untill then or should i try to get in sooner
Dear customer,

Is there any redness, fever or pus discharge?
did you take any drugs?
how long are the symptoms?
did you have any test done?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no redness, fever or pus

No i have never taken any drugs at least in 40 years

2 or 3 days

general lab blood and urine test 2 weeks ago

Dear customer,

The male breast may also get sore, sweollen along with pain and tenderness in some cases like periductal mastitis, mammary duct ectasia, etc.

You should have the relevant investigations done like physical examination by doctor, chest x-ray, blood counts, mammography after consulting your doctor/surgeon.

The antibiotics like ofloxacin, augmentin may be needed if there is associated bacterial infection.The antiinflammatory drugs like motrin, advil may be taken to relieve pain and tenderness till the time you visit the doctor.

The other causes like cancerous should also be ruled out.The treatment depends on the underlying cause.

Let me know if you need any more information

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

can hormones all cause this

Dear customer,

The common cause in such condition is bacterial infection and should be treated with suitable antibiotics course.

The antiinflammatory drgs may also cause this.The other cause like cancerous should also be ruled out.

The hormones like excess estrogen in body may also cause swelling and such symptoms.

The treatment however depends on underlying cause.

Let me know if you still need more information.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i am an ocasonal crossdresser mainly painties, this obsession has increased greatly the last few weeks could this be due to hormone inbalance,

should i try to move up my doctor appt.

Dear customer,

The hormonal imbalance may cause gynaecomastia in which there is swelling and tenderness.It occurs due to hormonal imbalance.The coss-dressing itself doesn't cause such symptoms.

Yu may have the doctor's appointment at the earliest and start the treatment according to underlying cause.

The other causes are mastitis, breast cyst, fibroadenma, breast cancer, breast injury, etc.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i did not mean to say the crossdressin caused the swollen breast What i meant to say since I have an increase desire to crossdress could the be caused by the hormone inbalance

Dear customer,

The hormonal imbalance may be there in such cases.The psychological aspect and causes should also be ruled out in male crossdressers.

Thank you
Dr. RK and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thank you i will try to get into the doctor earlier

Dear customer,

You are welcome!