How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Jerry E Your Own Question
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1085
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Jerry E is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have chronic lower back pain. Have had an MRI, been to a

This answer was rated:

I have chronic lower back pain. Have had an MRI, been to a regular physician, an orthopedic Dr, physical therapy and a Chronic Pain Dr. I was told I have a tilted pelvis which is causing the pain. I was given motrin, muscle relaxers and excerse. Nothing works and I dont' have insurance so this has become quiet a burden. The Pain Dr. wanted me to continue physical therepy and continue appointments with him. Needless to say the cost of all of this is putting me in the poor house. I am not drug shopping but the only thing that works is percocet just to give some relief especially so I can continue to go to the gym. I have stopped working out because every time I do the pain gets worse for a couple of days until I ice it and it relaxes. Why is it so hard to get the only medication that will give some relief. Isn't that what they are there for?? Please advise.
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

It's difficult to obtain percocet because it is so widely abused. What can I do for you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I understand the abuse issues however when I ask for the only medication that helps with the relief I almost feel uncomfortable like I am doing something wrong. How can I obtain the medication that seems to work for me. Not looking to support a drug habit but just relief of 1 or 2 per day for relief especially so I can continue to go to the gym and not have to lay down and ice for the next few days.

I understand. And the medication that works for you, that you would like to obtain , is percocet, correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The response is to click on ACCEPT not sure where that button is located??

At the bottom of the answer box
Dr. Jerry E and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I rated excellant service however I really didn't get an answer to my issue. Please respond. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a recommendation?
You will need to either get a referral to a pain management clinic or sometimes Emergency room doctors will write scripts for percocet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you recommend a clinic in CT
What part of CT?