How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Jerry E Your Own Question
Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1085
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Jerry E is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of Doctor I have to see with suspected Lyme Dise

This answer was rated:

What kind of Doctor I have to see with suspected Lyme Disease?
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

You must seek immediate medical attention, and visit an emergency room if you believe you have lyme disease. (An ER doctor's evaluation is needed)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had a tick bite and bool's eye sympton three months ago. I wasn't aware about the danger at this time, so I have ignored this as " just a bug bite". Since this time I didn't have any wisible symptons. Do I need to go to Doctor? If yes, what Doctor? This is my question.
Yes. You need to see an emergency room doctor as he/she will be able to provide the most efficient care for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should I go to emergency room without symptons?
I would suggest that or scheduling the first available appointment with your primary care physician. Let either doctor know of your tick bite and symptoms 3 months ago. If left untreated, Lyme Disease can have very serious consequences.
Dr. Jerry E and 10 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you