Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

Im experiencing the feeling of the room moving I feel

Im experiencing the feeling of the room moving I feel otherwise very well no pain .This has been going on for about 20 mins Im 72 ,male in very good health on coumadin daily 5mg With no other symptoms Im at a loss of what to do .Pulse isnt rapid and no difficulty breathing
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
Are you also experiencing any other symptoms such as headache, confusion, difficulty in walking straight, difficulty in speaking, muscular weakness, numbness? Do you have any other health issues or on going head and neck infection?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
none of the above just the feeling of the building moving
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, you seem to have vertigo which is a type of dizziness. This kind of symptoms can be associated with many problems such as ear infection, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, vestibular neuritis, meniere disease, head injury, medication side effects, or stroke or TIA. Since you do not have any other supporting symptoms if is very difficult to pin point the specific cause of vertigo. Specially at your age, I strongly recommend to visit ER to rule out brain related cause that can present like this. This is important because you do not want to miss stroke or TIA,,,, rest of the causes can be manages with time but brain related problems need urgent medical care.
You can read more about it from this link:
http://www.uptodate.com/contents/dizziness-and-vertigo-beyond-the-basics
Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your advice I appreciate it
You are welcome!
Thanks for visiting justanswer.