Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I was traveling for a few days and after getting home I

I was traveling for a few days and after getting home I found a rash starting. Now it's all over my body. Itches. It's not bed bugs, because my husband slept in the same bed and has no symptoms. My head is all stuffed up as well and I feel very lathargic. I do have seasonal allergiesand was wondering if it could have been something I ate. The only things I can think of that I had aside from my normal diet was an apricot, and some pollock (fish)
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

I agree with you. This sounds like an allergic reaction.

RickMD :

To what? It is hard to tell. It may be something that you ate or even something that you have come in contact with.

RickMD :

How long has this been going on for?

Customer:

I got home on Sunday and it started on Monday afternoon.

RickMD :

It has been going on for some time now then.......have you had any feeling of tightness in your check, problems breathing, swallowing or swelling around your face or tongue?

Customer:

my neck and shoulders are sore today

RickMD :

Have you tried over the counter medicines such as benadryl or clariton D?

Customer:

yes, I take zyrtec. Doesn't seem to help.

RickMD :

OK. Well, in my opinion, since this has been going on for 4 days already and nothing at home has helped, and the weekend is almost upon us (which will make getting care until Monday possibly an issue) I'd probably call your primary care MD and see if she can see you today or tomorrow.

RickMD :

I think that Rx meds should be able to clear this up for you, even though the actual causative agent may never be found.

Customer:

Thank you for you help, I appreciate it.

RickMD :

My pleasure. I hope you feel better soon.