Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I got the wrong nicotine patch. It's too strong. Can I cut

I got the wrong nicotine patch. It's too strong. Can I cut it in half to get a lower dose?
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

No. The patch has a special layered film and structure that releases the nicotine at the designated rate.

RickMD :

If you cut it in half the nicotine could come out way too fast.

RickMD :

Best to go buy the correct dosage patch and, maybe, give these patches to a friend who can use them.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Have a good day.