Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

i pulled my own tooth out in a drunken 20 dollar bet, now i

i pulled my own tooth out in a drunken 20 dollar bet, now i have a swollen lymp node under my jaw. how do i get the swelling to go down?

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

You may have retained tooth particles in your jawbone.

RickMD :

I suggest you take you winnings and go to a DDS ASAP. Retained fragments can cause very serious bone infections in your jaw.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Customer:

yes i understand, but its not sore just swollen. still recomend docter?

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

yes, The swollen node is an indication of an infection somewhere and, given your history, a visit to the DDS is your best course of action before things get much worse.