How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shah Your Own Question
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3898
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Shah is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have pain in my stomach just right of and under my belly button(the pain does seem to mo

This answer was rated:

i have pain in my stomach just right of and under my belly button(the pain does seem to move). it feels almost like jagged undigested food (nacho chips or small chicken bones)poking around. The pain level is not high and not effected by touch but definitely bothersome.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How severe is your pain in 1 to 10 scale? Do you also have fever, nausea, diarrhea/constipation? Do you get pain when you press in that area or right lower abdomen? Any urinary symptoms?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Pain started 10 days ago. I ate burnt grilled chicken..(very burnt) . Pain level low= being poked with a bundle of dull pencils. no fever, nausea, etc. No pain when pressure applied. Maybe a little bit more frequency of urination.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, it seems like you have developed lower abdomen pain after eating burnt grilled chicken. You also seem to have urinary frequency to some extent. There are many potential causes for pain in lower abdomen/naval area ranging from appendicitis, urinary bladder infection, gas/gastritis/stomach ulcer/indigestion. Since you do not have a typical presentation of appendicitis, this is unlikely, but must be ruled out with blood test. In my personal opinion, it is most likely related to your gastrointestinal tract, in that case you may like to try OTC antacid or prilosec and see if it works. If you see improvement, then it is indirect reflection that your pain is related to stomach acid issues. However, if you can make it, then the best option is to visit your doctor for blood and urine test to rule out infection in that gastrointestinal or urinary tract. Based on the finding you will be guided further.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a routine physical two weeks ago. They checked my blood, urine, etc. doc said everything is fine. The chicken I ate was burnt badly on the grill. Black hard crispy chunks. This is what I feel in my stomach. Like small bits of glass. I thought this was my problem but I gave my system 10 days or so to work through the issues and it has not gotten better. That is my concern.
This is good to know that you had a normal physical examination and test report two weeks ago.
My primary suspect is also stomach related pain due to gastritis/ulcer. That is why I was suggesting antacid or prilosec as they are very effective in those cases. If it does not work for you, then detail investigation will be needed to pinpoint the cause. You can try these meds for 2-3 days if no benefit or your symptoms get worse, visit your doctor soon.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So the poking feeling and feeling of glass in my stomach is a normal symptom of gastritis, ulcer, etc and prilosec may do the trick. Try the prilosec for a few days, if conditions persist or worsen go to my doc.

Is that a accurate understanding ?
Yes, you are right!

Stomach related pain can present in several ways such a sharp/dull/burning/discomfort etc. Considering your presentation my primary suspect is stomach pain, in that case prilosec will be beneficial. If it does not, then please visit your primary care doctor.
Dr. Shah and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you