Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Started a new relationship 6 weeks ago. After having

Started a new relationship 6 weeks ago. After having unprotected sex with my new girlfriend I noticed a small broken piece of latex condom on the tip of my penis after intercourse. She matains it must have been stuct in her vagina from her last boyfriend 2 months ago. Is this mediacally possible for a small piece of latex to be lodged in her vagia/cervex?
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Yes. That is entirely possible.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

IT makes more sense that she might have slept with someone else.

RickMD :

You mean recently?

Customer:

Wouldnt it naturally come out after about a week or after a menstral cycle

Customer:

Where would this piece of latex be stuck? and why would it all of a sudden come out after all this time?

RickMD :

I guess you would be the best judge of whether or not she is telling you the truth, but it is very, very possible that a small piece of a condom could have been stuck up near her cervix etc for months, even if she had sex with you prior to this.

RickMD :

No. It may not even come out with her menses. There are even some areas of her vaginal vault that it may have stayed even in the face of a tampon.

Customer:

would she not have an infection if the foreign latex was in her for months

RickMD :

It may have come out now from your sexual activity, organism etc.

RickMD :

No. A small piece of latex might not cause an infection.

RickMD :

It sounds like you do not think she is being faithful to you and I am very sorry to hear that. But, based on physical anatomy, her statement is possible.

Customer:

So would a different sexual position or the deepness of my penitration casue it to jar loose?

RickMD :

It is up to you to decide to believe her or not.

RickMD :

Anything could have caused it to jar loose.....there is no absolute answer here. She could also be lying to you....or telling the truth. Physically and medically it is possible.

RickMD :

Now you have to decide to believe her or not.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

what would be the mediacal percentage of this happening? 1 a million or a lot less?

RickMD :

I can't give you a meaningful number that will help you to decide to believe her.

Customer:

I realize the belief is up to me but I would like to know the probability of this happening.

RickMD :

It is possible...If my girlfriend told me what she has told you I would believe her.

RickMD :

Does that help you?

RickMD :

I can't see what you are typing......

Customer:

give me one momment

RickMD :

ok

Customer:

Have you heard of this being a common occurece?

RickMD :

em

No. I've not heard of this being common at all. It is, however, entirely feasible from clinical reports of things getting stuck in a vagina for long periods of time...things much larger then a small chunk of latex.

RickMD :

I guess you can either believe what she has told your or realize that your relationship is doomed since you don't trust each other.

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that have gone offline in the middle of our conversation. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)