Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Pain in ear taken morfine pain reducted, pain came back

worse spreed to other ear...
Pain in ear taken morfine pain reducted, pain came back worse spreed to other ear and now neck, in the moring fresh within few hours from getting up pain starts by 12 midday feeling a little sick with the pain realy bad, get home head powding both side, has been like this for a week. very fit do excorlise every moring I eat well friut veg high fiba, I am a school teacher closs to the children. saw doctor last week end he joked " did I have a stroke" I am the boy friend writing as girl friend head hurts to much to send message
Regards
Tony
7/5/2012
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Tony, I am very sorry to hear of the extreme pain your girlfriend is having. Pain of this sort that continues even in the face of strong narcotics needs to be further investigated.

RickMD :

I would not go back to the doctor who, it seems, has just blown off her pain as a possible stroke. If at all possible I would get he in to see an internal medicine MD this afternoon and, if that can't be done, then by all means go to the ER.

RickMD :

Head pain this severe that has been going on for a week and is now getting worse and has spread to the neck could be indicative of a serous CNS issue.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

She is over tired emotional and mentaly she suffers from vitamin B deficiacy or has she got a viros?
I can understand how she would be emotionally and mentally exhausted at this point.

I do not think that her problems are from low vitamin B. It could, however, be a virus but it is not good that her symptoms have been going on for so long.

Now that her neck is involved I am concerned that she may have meningitis. This is a very serious condition that if left untreated can cause permanent brain damage. Meningitis can be caused by a virus and many other issues but, in any case, it needs to be worked up and treated.

Does this make sense?

It was a pleasure to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

She was given anti biotics this cleared up the infection but the pain this remains and as I said has spread from one to the other and now the neck, she does push her self very hard evern when exauted and when with hevey head aches, she evern gos for a run to give her self a fresh head with the pain still there.
She is much tougher then I am since she can go jogging with such a severe headache.

If she still has the headache then something is going on still, even if the antibiotics may have cleared up a bacterial infection.

Perhaps it would be best for you to get her in to see a neurologist/headache specialist. The current situation can't continue :(
Sorry she has taken codine not morfine the numbness is around her ears she can not here people when the talk to her from her back of her?
Ok. Well that is a much different pain killer then morphine but, in any event, it doesn't change the fact her pain has been going on for a week now, is getting worse and that she is experiencing a significant hearing loss.

I think you have done everything you can do at home to address this problem. I suggest you get her re-evaluated by either a neurologist, an ENT physician or a GP (preferably a different one then she has already seen) in the very near future.

It is your job as her boyfriend to help her to feel better ;-)

Feel free to mash the "excellent feedback" button....
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD