Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had no prior symptoms went to the bathroom this morning at

I had no prior symptoms went to the bathroom this morning at work and had lots of blood in urine with burning when urinating. I mean i went back in and pee in a cup and it was almost a bright red with brown. I went to urgent care and it was lighter when the did the test but said I had a UTI. An hour or so later the urine was yellow again but cloudy. Is this normal should I be scared.
RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

A severe UTI can cause blood in your urine along with a change in color like you have experienced. This color can change from time to time depending on many factors such as how well hydrated you are, if there are active areas of inflammation in your bladder, bleeding etc.

RickMD :

I am glad that you have been started on antibiotic therapy. This should take care of things. As you know it is important for you to take all your antibiotics as directed until they are gone, even if you start feeling better before you are out of the pills.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives [Excellent service is my goal] and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

RickMD :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :