Coachrobmd
Coachrobmd, Internal Medicine MD
Experience:  •Fmr. Dir. Hep. C Clinic. •Fmr. Dir. Head Trauma Rehab Ctr.
66242556

what does TRACE (A) mean in leukocyte esterase unrinalysis

what does TRACE (A) mean in leukocyte esterase unrinalysis?
Hi, I'm Doctor Robert, a Medical Internist (MD) who deals with diseases of all organ systems. All my education has been completed in the US.

Trace amounts of leukocyte esterase which is produced by White Blood Cell (WBC) in the urine. That they are there indicates the possibility of an infection. Normal urine has NO WBC's, so if they're there, they're there for a reason; to fight bacteria.

You will need to contact the orderig physician to get the rest of the results and see if he wants to treat you with antibiotics or if he is not convinced you DO have a UTI.

So, in essence, it is just one test we use to assess for the presence of a UTI.

This is the very best information I can provide for you with the background details you provided. Please keep in mind the significant hurdles I face: I cannot see you, touch you, examine you, see your labs, review your studies, get your complete medical/surgical or family history, or most important or all, SPEAK with you like your regular doctor can. If you expected a definitive diagnosis, I'm sorry if this disappoints you. There are simply too many limitations for that to happen over the internet. If that WAS what you were expecting, please do NOT rate this as BAD SERVICE or click on ONE STAR. Kindly ask me to find another expert to assist you and I'll refer you to someone else who will go out on a limb for you. I can not do that and maintain my own integrity. Thank you!

===========
If you would like any additional information or have more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either "BAD or POOR SERVICE" (or one or two STARS, depending upon your screen), please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button.

I will be happy to do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. A rating of FOUR/FIVE STARS (or GOOD/EXCELLENT SERVICE) is how I receive payment for all the years of training that went into assisting you today. It would be most appreciated. BONUSES are also welcome.