How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shah Your Own Question
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3898
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Shah is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 35 and have varicole on my left for a few years now. for

Customer Question

hi im 35 and have varicole on my left testical for a few years now. for some reason now and again it gets so sore for a few days it seems to get worse when i drink cold water is this possible also after the water the next day it feels like it is leaking t mt anal area. is there anything i can do
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
Do you think your pain and discomfort is getting worse? Do you have any other associated symptoms or discomfort?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
getting worse. no
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, you seem to have varicocele for several years without any other associated symptoms. In asymptomatic cases, varicocele treatment may not be required, but once pain and discomfort become predominant, varicocele repair can be considered. Since your symptoms are getting worse, I think this is the best time to consider surgical repair. This is not a major surgery, so it is relatively quick with lesser recovery time. You can read more about it from this link:
As far as your anal symptom, or drinking water is concerned, it may not be directly related to varicocele. Your doctor can do physical exam to see if there is any obvious reason. It is also important to know that most people with varicocele do not have any symptoms, if you are experiencing pain and discomfort in testicular area, then infection related cause can be explored, if present can be treated with prescription meds.
Please let me know if you have any other question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its always fine at the weekend OR when off work i drive a van all day which seems to make it worse. is there anything i can take to stenting the area herbs or vitiums before doing surgical repair
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
The recommended conservative measures for varicocele include: OTC pain med (Tylenol, Advil) as per your need, wearing an athletic supporter, and reducing wt. if you are obese. If you symptoms persist, better consider surgery as it is a minor surgery. Taking vitamins or foods rich in vitamins/minerals are generally good for health, but may not cure varicocele.
Dr. Shah and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you