Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

If I turned my head tothe left i seem to get dizzy and

If I turned my head tothe left i seem to get dizzy and nausea's, what can cause things like that?
Is the dizziness a spinning sensation?
How long has this been bothering you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
about a week
The spinning sensation is referred to as vertigo. It is generally due to a problem within the inner ear. The most common cause of vertigo of short duration is inflammation of the inner ear, referred to as labyrinthitis. Since it resolves spontaneously, it is felt to be frequently due to a viral infection. The usual approach is to use symptomatic relief until it improves spontaneously, and there are a couple of good options available over the counter, meclizine and dimenhydrinate.