Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have swelling in left leg below knee, also in the ankle

Customer Question
area. cannot remember if injured...
i have swelling in left leg below knee, also in the ankle area. cannot remember if injured but don't think so. the calf feels sore like after a cramp and has been that way for 4 weeks. what could it be
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Medical
5/8/2012
Doctor: Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician replied 5 years ago
Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

When did this start?

Customer:

about 4 weeks ago.

Dr Brims :

Has it been swollen for 4 weeks?

Customer:

yes some days slighter

Dr Brims :

Is it only on one side?

Customer:

yes, the left leg below knee

Dr Brims :

Is it red?

Customer:

no nor is it cold or hot and no pain except the leg feels different

Dr Brims :

I see, any weakness in that leg?

Customer:

no but I also have had a numbness and tingling in toes on both feet which really annoys me since that has been going on fir about three years. Was given emg tests by neurologist and he said no neuropathy but never came out and said what it could be. I have an identical twin sister who also has this numbness and tingling. Her doctor has not diagnosed her.

Dr Brims :

Okay, and is the swollen area painful to touch?

Customer:

No

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be due to venous incompetency, or deep vein thrombosis, or a blood clot in the leg. The next best step may be to have an ultrasound to determine the exact cause

Customer:

Okay, I will do that. Thank you

Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Dr Brims
Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician