DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

How can I improve the oxygen saturation level in my blood

how can I improve the oxygen saturation level in my blood hence kidneys? it is in the mid 80's I'm 62 and not overweight
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
What medical condition do you have
COPD?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, i get irrgular heart beats or skips thru out the day, apparently due to not enought oxygen in my blood, also he said my Oxygen blood sat level was low 85 and i have level three kidney dieseas , whatever that means
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Ok
Are you anemic?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no fairly active went for a 20 mile bike ride just yesterday

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
OK
The pulse ox is not likely to be accurate
however if you are anemic this might explain it and this happens in kidney disease.
YOu need an arterial blood gas to really see what your saturation is.
there are only 3 ways to improve it
oxygen
correct any anemia.
improve any lung disease also.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK i can get that test , but what about anything I can take or do , such as lemon , beet carrot juice as part of a regular diet to help the cause
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
No there is nothing dietary, unless you have iron deficiency anemia..then iron rich foods.
Or if you had anemia due to B12 deficiency, then B12.
But you need to have measurements done.