DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

It feels like something stuck in the throat, everytime I swallow

It feels like something stuck in the throat, everytime I swallow i feel like somethimg is stuck there. but nothing come up or goes down. I don't feel any lumps out side of the throat. But i feel it all yimes the past 2 days. What could it be?
Hello
This can be GERD...acid reflux.
This can cause inflammation in the throat and even spasm.

In some cases there can be a narrowing of the swallowing tube, called a stricture.

Your doctor should examine you and see if you need a scope from a GI doctor, who can look into the esophagus and see what the problem is......regurgitation of food can indicate a serous problem, but a scope can see it. Sometimes the esophagus is dilated during the scope.

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I rarely get acid reflux. I can eat and swollow fine, just a discomfort in the thoat and on swollowing feels like a narrowing is happening. No other problems. The feeling is vey much so there. Bending down the neck, I get that feeling that something is there. It seems to be on the right side only
That could actually be the only sign of the reflux.
Reflux can be silent.
This is even more important as an indication for a scope as a problem might have been building up for some time.
This must be examined.
You can try pepto bismal until you see the doc, or gaviscon.
Liquids.