How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Haroon Iqbal Your Own Question
Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1531
Experience:  18 years experience in all fields of Surgery and Medicine. Vast experience in Emergency care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Haroon Iqbal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have pain on my right side around the waist area im

Resolved Question:

I have pain on my right side around the waist area im starting to get pain there too.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Haroon Iqbal replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer!
What the exact position of pain?
Do you feel nausea with pain?
Any other medical condition?
Burning urination?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The pain is just below my rib cage but more to the back
No feeling sick
No other medical condintion
Urination is all fine
Expert:  Dr. Haroon Iqbal replied 5 years ago.
One last question,
Is pain aggravated by physical movement ? and how did it start ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it gets worse when i twist to both sides --it has just started to hurt even when sitting-- been like it for approx a week or so
Expert:  Dr. Haroon Iqbal replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for your input.
It appears that this pain is most likely due to muscle spasm around lower part of the rib cage .It could have been triggered by exercise or any other excessive physical activity .Although pain in this region could be due to a gastric problem , inflammation of the gal, bladder , IBD , celiac disease , but the these symptoms are very much consistent with possible muscle spasm .I think you can use medications like Advil, Motrin , Pyroxicam with a muscle relaxant, but after physical exam by a doctor.Please avoid excessive physical activity and if there is no relief then you can undergo Ultrasound abdomen , and electrolyte assessment through a lab.Good luck.
Dr. Haroon Iqbal and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Haroon Iqbal replied 5 years ago.
It can be caused by a liver problem also avoid alcohol if you are using already.