Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor
Experience:  18 years experience in all fields of Surgery and Medicine. Vast experience in Emergency care.
28687509

I have pain on my right side around the waist area im

I have pain on my right side around the waist area im starting to get pain there too.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Haroon Iqbal replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer!
What the exact position of pain?
Do you feel nausea with pain?
Any other medical condition?
Burning urination?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The pain is just below my rib cage but more to the back
No feeling sick
No other medical condintion
Urination is all fine
One last question,
Is pain aggravated by physical movement ? and how did it start ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it gets worse when i twist to both sides --it has just started to hurt even when sitting-- been like it for approx a week or so
Thank you very much for your input.
It appears that this pain is most likely due to muscle spasm around lower part of the rib cage .It could have been triggered by exercise or any other excessive physical activity .Although pain in this region could be due to a gastric problem , inflammation of the gal, bladder , IBD , celiac disease , but the these symptoms are very much consistent with possible muscle spasm .I think you can use medications like Advil, Motrin , Pyroxicam with a muscle relaxant, but after physical exam by a doctor.Please avoid excessive physical activity and if there is no relief then you can undergo Ultrasound abdomen , and electrolyte assessment through a lab.Good luck.
It can be caused by a liver problem also avoid alcohol if you are using already.