Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Heloo i have a painless lump in my bottom gum below my

heloo
i have a painless lump in my bottom gum below my teeth, its hard like a stone and doesnt hurt, i have had it for years and i think its stayed the same size, iv been to a doctor before and had him check it but becuase its hard to notice because its so below in the gum i dont know if he saw it or anything, im worried if its a cancer can you help ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
HI,
Is this between the gum and tongue?
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what do you mean its in the gum below tooth quite far down it on gum but probly under the tounge i have to drag tounge down to fill it

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your reply
I got it.
I am an ENT and Head & Neck surgeon and wants to help you.
The location you have mentioned is the site for the salivary gland ducts and the swelling you are having is a stone in the submandibular duct. This is not a cancer and not even pre cancer.
You need to see ENT doctor for this and he will remove this surgically.
This is not something to get stressed.
I hope this helps you.
Please ask for any query
please click accept if i have answered your question
regards
DR Hasan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
soo its 100percent not cancer yeah ? and does it have to be removed because i cant feel it or anything, so its on the gum left hand side and below the teeth but far enough down i have to move me tonge down to feel it, so not cancer/
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your input.
Yes i am sure its not cancer.
In head and neck cancers are fast growing and in years it should have reached to a big size.
I deal with oral cancers myself and i assure you that this is not presentation of cancer.
I hope this helps you.
Please ask for any query
regards
DR Hasan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its not that small though but i wouldnt say its big but if it was cancer i would of noticed it grow alot wouldnt i and iv also read hard stone lumps down there have nothing to do with cancer?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.
you are right and moreover if it was cancer it would have drained by now into your neck nodes to cause multiple neck swellings.
So i donot even suspect cancer with what you have told me.
I hope this helps you.
Please ask for any query
regards
DR Hasan