Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Does a woman have to be hiv negative to be a surrogate

Does a woman have to be hiv negative to be a surrogate mother or rather, do they test women for HIV before letting them be a surrogate mother?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 years ago.
I would expect that before you were able to carry a fetus to term as a surrogate mother that you would be tested for all possible diseases that could be transmitted to the child you would be carrying.
I suggest you contact the organization your are considering working with on what their specific policy is on this topic.
Does this make sense to you?
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.