How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9126
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having pains in my testicles when I touch them, this

Resolved Question:

I am having pains in my testicles when I touch them, this has happened just recently with in the last day or so. I didn't get hit by anything or do I feel any bumps around them, any ideas what this could be?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 5 years ago.
Pain around the testicle is a sign of inflammation of the testicles or its linings, called orchitis and epididymitis respectively.

This may be due to trauma, strain or an infection; in your case it may be an infection.

You should not worry much about this, it is usually self contained.

But best to consult your physician, a urologist if possible. Usually physical examination will confirm the diagnosis, but an ultrasound may be needed. In any case, the treatment is usually simple and it resolves by itself.

Support: Use underwear which gives firm support to your scrotum. This will help to relieve the pain. On the other hand, the underwear should not be too tight.
Medications: Take Tab. Motrin 200 mg (available OTC) twice daily.
Avoid strenuous exercises for at least a week.

Try these steps out for two to three days. Many cases will resolve by itself. But if it persists, or the pain gets more severe, then see a doctor.

Take care - likely to be orchitis or epididymitis - often self resolving - if it does not resolve then see your doctor.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.
Dr. P. Jyoti and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you