Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

I was on a trip two weeks ago for work to Costa Rica, I

I was on a trip two weeks ago for work to Costa Rica, I never felt sick, but had difficulty with bowel movements the 5 days I was there. My bowels were thin/penil like. When I returned to the USA I had a couple of very large, what I would consider normal. I have been back for two and a half weeks now, and some days I will have small pencil bowel and other days normal. I am not sure if I could have an impaction?
The change is caused by diet change and other factors. You do not have an impaction. Simply increase the amount of fiber and bulk in your stool and this will resolve over the next few days.
*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.