Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Minor pulsating vibration at the bottom of right foot

Customer Question

minor pulsating vibration at the bottom of right foot
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 years ago.
wieyedoc :

Hi. Have you done anything to hurt or stress your foot recently?

wieyedoc :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medicine?

Customer:

nothing to stress my foot

wieyedoc :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medicines?

Customer:

I take meds for high cholesterol

wieyedoc :

Ok.

wieyedoc :

Does this pulsing seem to be related to your pulse?

wieyedoc :

Are you still there?

Customer:

the pulsing is futhur apart from mu pulse about every 4 seconds

wieyedoc :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

wieyedoc :

Ok. I think that you may have just pinched or irritated a nerve somehow. This is nothing to really be concerned about and should resolve with some home therapy and time.

wieyedoc :

I would suggest that you get some epsom salts and dissolve them in very warm water. Soak your foot in this solution as well as continuing to gently massage the affected area. I would expect things to be better by Monday.

wieyedoc :

If it is still bothering you, or if things get worse you should have your primary care MD take a look at it.

wieyedoc :

Does this make sense to you?

wieyedoc :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

wieyedoc :

There still seems to be a problem with the chat system......sorry about that :( I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I was in the middle of a reply and I was kicked out of chat
Sorry about that......The chat system has been acting up during our entire conversation.
I'm still here -- shall we continue our discussion?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am working on the road and in the middle of selling and purchasing a new house. Could this be stress related?
Thank you for the accept. I do, however, want to make sure that all your questions were answered.......If you would like to continue our discussion just type in the box and we can keep going for as long as you would like at no additional charge.
It seems that "stress" gets the blame for everything :) so I don't believe that stress, per se, is the complete cause. But, traveling alot, being on the road and on your feet for extended periods of time sure could cause symptoms like yours.....
Best of luck in your home sale/purchase negotiations....it's a tough time to do real estate transactions given the current State of the Union.