Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

I havehad loose bowles for 3 months once or twice a day. No

I havehad loose bowles for 3 months once or twice a day. No blood in urine in faeces no weight loss. If it is not cancer of the bowel what else can it be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
Have you had night time diarrhea, any colonoscopy, and discomfort?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have had no day or night time diarrhea. I have had a sigmoidoscopy colon only.

Not really any pain or discomfort on going to bathroom or afterwards. I am waiting for an

appointment for a full bowel check but don't want to do this.

As I have had no mucus or blood in stool or urine can bowel cancel stilll be possible?

I was cecked years ago and have polyps which I have been told might cause me trouble. But as no blood?

Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. With the absence of blood or pain this is most likely not a cancer of the bowel but with your history of polyps it is a possibility. Most likely at your age this change in bowel habits is due to spasm and diverticulosis of the bowel which are little pockets in the colon which are common at your age. It does not sound like infection. You will need to have a colonoscopy to make certain no tumor is present but I doubt you have cancer.
*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.