How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Amita Your Own Question
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2127
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Amita is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wondering what I can take for allergic reactions

Resolved Question:

I am wondering what I can take for allergic reactions besides benadryl i cannot take bendryl as it has the sideffect of making me feel wired or hyper. i think it is contraindicated to take with the drug trazadone. Is this true ? is there any other antihistamine I can take? Ihave been taking 300mg of trazadone at this dosage for several years. it seeme that if I do not take the trazadone than I do not sleep. so when I have an allergic reaction I have been waiting out the reaction so to speak. this can get uncomfortable.I had a reaction to sesame seed oil which was in some hummis that I ate.I do not want to go to the er unless ifeel that it is needed the hives and itchy eyes seem fine.Also Do you think it would be helpful to get have allergy tests to determine what nut oils or allergies I have? Any sugestions
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 5 years ago.
You can try other anti-histaminic like cetrizine or loratidine.
Also other drugs used for allergic reaction are steroids in more severe cases.
I think you should get an allergic test done to know what all allergies you have so that they can be avoided in future.
Dr.Amita and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you