Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What is the treatment for Pneumobilia? subtle 3 x 1.5 cm

Customer Question
peripheral low density anterior segment...
what is the treatment for Pneumobilia? subtle 3 x 1.5 cm peripheral low density anterior segment right hepatic lobe which may be fatty heterogeneity of hte liver echotexture or small cavernous hemangioma.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Medical
2/3/2012
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 5 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that Pneumobilia is air in the biliary tracts which can be indicative of biliary disease. It is most commonly associated with biliary disorders, bilio-enteric fistula, post-operative surgery involving biliary tracts, perforation of duodenal ulcers and others like that. It is important to find out the cause and then treatment accordingly. Most cases are managed conservatively but in some cases surgical treatment is needed. I will highly suggest to see hepatologist or gastric surgeon for that. Hemangioma is a benign tumor of the vessels and its self limited. If not giving any symptoms then there is not any need of treatment. It is important to rule out any primary or secondary liver malignancy (cancer) which I am sure your hepatologist or gastroenterologist already have done. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
How do they rule out primary or secondary liver cancer? The reading I gave you was from a ct scan I had a few days ago. I thought a ct scan would show any cancer..no?
if this is CT scan report then CT scan can show liver cancer easily but I will love to go for liver cancer marker alpha-fetoprotein which is a sime blood test. I am sure you don't have any cancer as what appeared from this report. Its just a benign tumor NOT a cancer. I wish you best of luck. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
I had bloodwork done also. I have the complete report. What is the description of that test? Absol Neutro Ct or ?
Good if the blood tests have been done so noting to worry. The one which I mentioned is different one alpha feto protein blood test. You are talking about absolute neurtophil count which is white cell count test both are different. The one which you mentioned absolute neutrophil count is raised especially in bacterial infection. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.

what is the treatment for Pneumobilia? The upper right abdomen pains are daily.
Treatment of pneumobilia as I said earlier depends on the cause as there are many causes for it which I mentioned above and treatment varies according to that. Sometimes surgery is needed especially in case of bilio-enteric fistula so I will suggest to be in touch with your hepatologist or hepatic surgeon for the treatment which again depends the cause to be identified. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor