dr.quinones
dr.quinones,
64141510

My friend needs a lung transplant. One lung is dead and the

My friend needs a lung transplant. One lung is dead and the other is only partially dead.
This has happened from a pet parrot she had. She has found out that if she has the transplant, she will need to take drugs for the rest of her life which can run from $5,000-$9,000 per month. Is there some type of monetary assistance she can receive aid from. How do people afford this?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.

Yes, well insurance should cover a large portion of it.

She should be eligible for Medicaid and/or Medicare.

If not, she can contact the hospital social worker for financial assistance.

Finally, drug companies that make the drugs offer people who can't afford them assistance.

Expert:  dr.quinones replied 5 years ago.
Do you have any health insurance? Have been contacted a hospital specializing in lung transplant?
Dear Customer:
I am so sorry about my last answer. I clicked the wrong button, instead of push "Need info" I clicked "Answer". Responding your question, if your friend don´t have any Medical Insurance that cover the entire lung transplant and the post transplant immunosuppresive medication, I suggest you contact the office of UNOS (http://www.unos.org/) for information about organizations that could assist to your friend. Additionally, your local Hospital could help your friend to contact nonprofit nationwide Organizations in order to obtain funds assistance for immunossupressive drugs.
dr.quinones,
Experience: