How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shah Your Own Question
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3898
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Shah is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump in my groin area that bleeds when pressed.

Resolved Question:

I have a lump in my groin area that bleeds when pressed. What is it and do I need to see a doctor
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Is this lump superficial on the skin? Is there any redness, discharge, pain?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is not superficial. It is tender to touch. It seems to ooze a small bloody discharge when in contact with undergarments and more blood when pressed with fingers.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, you seem to have pain, tenderness, and discharge from that lump. This is typically seen in infection related cases, it could be just an infected cyst, skin infection or boils. You can keep the area clean, dry and let it heal. You can use antiseptic solution for cleaning and then neosporin. If you develop fever or pus discharge, it is better to see your doctor for proper evaluation to rule out abscess formation which requires proper drainage.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.

Dr. Shah and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you