DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have 500 mg azitromicina tablets in a 3 pack, took z pack

i have 500 mg azitromicina tablets in a 3 pack, took z pack years ago and seems like it was 3 pills the first day 2 the second and 1 the third is that still the recomended frequency for 500 mg tablets?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
That is correct
2 on the first day
1 each next day until the pills are gone.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Sorry correction
I thought you meant the 5 day
The 3 day is 1 500 mg each of 3 days
good luck

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have 1 3 pack do i need 2 packs of 3 in order to complete the series? some of what i read says azitromicina comes in 250 mg doses and that is a 2 pill first day and 1 pill for four days? is the 500 mg different? and what is the 3 day dosage? consist of
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
No if you have 500s the 3 pak is 1 pill a day for three days.
Good luck
Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my first question was what is the dosage for 500 mg pills and your answer was 2 the first day and one a day until they are gone, now you say 500mg is one per day for 3 days, just need to know which is correct please
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
It is one pill a day for 3 days.
good luck