Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What is the best diet plan for a 56 year old women that

Customer Question
needs to lose 35 lbs...
what is the best diet plan for a 56 year old women that needs to lose 35 lbs
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Medical
1/20/2012
Doctor: Dr. Cameron, Doctor replied 5 years ago
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
First, have you had your thyroid checked recently?

yes i take synthroid 150mg

Okay- good. Because low thyroid is very common and it can interfere with the best of diet plans.
The most important thing about losing weight is diet and exercise.
Weight loss is about 70% food intake and 30% exercise.
So you need to make sure you are exercising at least 3x a week for 30 minutes and bringing your heart rate to about 75% of max capacity.

The 'Decade' Diet is probably one of the best diets out there, because it addresses different nutritional concerns by age.

You can check it out here:

http://www.happynews.com/news/3242010/decade-diet-breaks-down-nutrition-age.htm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/dieting/dieting-news/2009/09/14/how-the-decade-diet-can-help-you-lose-weight-whatever-your-age-115875-21671251/

warm regards

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you found this helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like you
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor