Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

PAIN ON LEFT SIDE UNDER RIB CAGE VERY LIKE A STITCH. THIS

PAIN ON LEFT SIDE UNDER RIB CAGE VERY LIKE A STITCH. THIS DOES NOT OCCUR AFTER EXERCISE - MORE LIKE SITTING AT A COMPUTER AND LEANING SLIGHTLY FORWARD. DO HAVE A HIATUS HERNIA - IS THIS THE CAUSE?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 years ago.
Since how long are you having this pain?
Is the pain continuous?
Do you have abdominal pain or heart burns associated with this?
Do you have any other medical conditions?
Do you have any associated symptoms with the pain such as vomiting, sweating, palpitations?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have had this pain for 3 weeks. It is not continuous more spasmodic than anything. Have not had heart burn or abdominal pain as such although have had some wind and bubbling of the stomach - put that down to nerves. I dont have any other medical conditions to report and no vomiting sweating or palpitations. I am on medication for high blood pressure - I take Inhibace morning and night.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 years ago.
With the symptoms that you are mentioning this pain is MOST LIKELY not something to worry about a great deal and MOST LIKELY does not represent a heart disease. It does seem likely to be related to the hiatus hernia that you are having, so I agree with you on that. I would recommend that you try over the counter antiacid medications such as Prilosec 20 mg twice daily for four weeks to see if that helps you with your symptoms.
If you have not had an EKG recently I would like that you should have an EKG just be dead sure that everything is okay with your heart. Regards