Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

Will I get stomach bleeding from aleve if I bleed from plain

Will I get stomach bleeding from aleve if I bleed from plain aspirin?
Hello,If you have had history of bleeding from the stomach after taking aspirin or any other drug you must not take Aleve. This drug belongs to a class called NSAIDs all of which can cause irritation of the stomach and GI bleeding. Because you have had a prior episode you are at a higher risk and must avoid these medications altogether. The only medication is safe for you to take in this class of pain relievers would be Tylenol containing medicines. This will not irritate your stomach. Any medicine try to take on a full stomach which will cause less irritation. Definitely avoid Aleve. *****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.