Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

I just drank wine, can I still begin prednisone?

how much wine did you drink? With is the prednisone for? What is the dose of prednisone
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had 2 glasses of wine (total 10 oz) over 1 hour. The dose prescribed was 4 tabs of 10 mg per days for the first 2 days, 3 tabs for 2 days then 2 for 2 days and 1 for two days. Trying to finish an infection in the sinus with some bronchitis. Just finished 10 days with Levofloxacin 500 mg i a day, don't feel like it's totally gone.
You should he able to start the prednisone regimen. Make sure you have eaten something and obviously do not drink any more wine until you finish the
recommended dose. It would be preferable for you to begin in the morning.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.