Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

5 years ago endoscope nothing bad some mucosa way down just

5 years ago endoscope nothing bad some mucosa way down just past stomach. Symptom was a mild nausea feeling after eating but actually still had good appetite. Finally after months just got better and went away. Now it just re appeared feels same as 5 years ago. It just started again after 5 years of no issues,that seems strange to me. PPI drugs calm indigestion but never seem to take away that deep in the pit of my stomach little nausea feel that starts 30 mins after eating. I have no real pain just this. Laying on back helps vs sitting or standing.? Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rodney
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
you most likely have an inflammation of the stomach which is being caused by a bacteria called H. pylori. This causes gastritis nausea and abdominal discomfort typical of what you described. There are several ways to diagnose this infection. You may have a blood test or more accurately a breath test which you Dr. must order and be gold standard would be a upper endoscopy with biopsy. If you proved to have this infection you will need to take antibiotics an PPIs in order to eradicate to. Also ask your doctor about doing an ultrasound just to exclude the unlikely possibility of gallstones.
*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a biopsy for that infection when I was scoped 5 yrs ago and it was negative. There never was much of anything found except a little irritation but that nausea feeling but not really nausea in the classic sense lingered for months.that is what's back it seems. If its not an infection can it be irritation just from another source.
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
It can be but most irritation is from h. Pylori. You should get rechecked as you may have had a false negative. Also should have ultrasound.