Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

I have had lower abdominal pain on the left and have had

I have had lower abdominal pain on the left and have had green stools that turned "vanilla" suddenly
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
Have you had diarrhea?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
Green stool most often comes from foods that you eat, especially green vegetables which contain chlorophil which is green. Green stool Can also be caused by rapid transit through the intestine when a person has diarrhea. The normal color when stool enters the large bowel is green and it becomes the normal brown color upon excretion by obtaining the by products of bile which are brown. Also green stool can be caused by some OTC supplements.And it is not anything to be concerned about. It may turn light( vanilla) for same reason. If it persists then you should see you doctor.
*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what about the abdominalpain on the lower left side. I have been having it for several days.
Expert:  Internist replied 5 years ago.
The abdominal pain on the left side May be from diverticulitis if you have tenderness when pressing or it may be from spasm of the colon. If you have diverticulitis with tenderness you will require antibiotics for treatment. For this you will need an examination by your doctor.