Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

Why have my taste buds all of a sudden changed. food does

Customer Question

why have my taste buds all of a sudden changed. food does not taste right.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any discoloration of the tongue? Any swelling or ulcers in the mouth? Any change in shape of tongue? You are taking any medications?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no to most of your questions, i am taking a number of prescriptions,

metformin, glipizide, zocor, hydrothoriclizide, almopodine, asprin, cozaar

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the details. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which can give this symptom (loss or change of taste) like sinusitis, neuropathy, oral infection, acid-peptic disease induced complications, medication side effects. I will highly advise to see your physician for complete evaluation & tests which should include fasting blood sugar level, serum vitamin B12 level, full blood count. I will suggest to take multivitamins one tablet daily. Treatment should be done accordingly & examination of tongue is a must. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes & happy holidays.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i am not satisfied with this answer. the answer seemwd very vague. i would like to end this call and take my payment info off of this account.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
It is not possible to give the exact diagnosis without examination. Do you have any picture of your tongue or you can take the picture and upload here so I can have a look to narrow down the possibilities? If your tongue texture & shape is fine then most likely change in taste is due to medication side effects, acid-peptic disease & nutritional deficiency. Sometimes oral infections can be the reason. Thats why I suggested to take multivitamins. If you are still not satisfied then let me know I will opt out so another expert might help you in this. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes & happy holidays.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my tongue's appearance has not changed. i have health insurance and $20 payment will get me in to see my doctor, i thought i could get a good answer here. i would just like to opt out of this session.