Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

How long will t take for the body to absorb a blood clot in

How long will t take for the body to absorb a blood clot in the thigh?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say it depends on multiple factors such as clot size, response & warfarin response with INR levels. It can take about four weeks to few months (six months for big clots on the average) but can take more time which also depends on the other risk factors. It is always advisable to have a regular follow up with your doctor and checking INR levels at regular intervals along with doppler scan. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes & happy holidays.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.