Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

Blood is coming out of rectum when I go the bathroom

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any diarrhea with it? History of weight loss? Any pain during bowel movement?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No diarrhea at this point.......slight weight lose......no extraordinary pain with my bowel movement.

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the details. I would like to say that bleeding from rectum or during, after bowel movement is a serious symptom which should not be ta***** *****ghtly. There are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as hemorrhoids, anal fissure, gastrointestinal infection, any growth or mass in rectum (malignancy). In either case, I will highly advise to see your physician for evaluation & tests which should include proctoscopy. You may require to see gastroenterologist later on for further evaluation & colonoscopy might be required. Early evaluation is suggested. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.