Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I have according to my husband "breath that smells like

I have according to my husband "breath that smells like throw-up" I have seem the dentist and he says it not from my mouth, so what do I do to get a nice sweet smelling breath if it is coming from my stomach?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
Well, you need to take some medication to reduce the acid in your stomach- that would help a lot. You probably have some gastrointestinal reflux disease.
Avoiding spicy food, citrus and peppermint will help as well. In addition to avoiding alcohol.

Make sure you do not eat <3 hours prior to going to bed as well. If this doesn't help, you may need medication like reglan to keep things moving.

warm regards

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you found this helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Spicy food doesn't bother me and I don't drink. It doesn't bother me in any way. It just smells awful.
I understand. This can still be stomach acid refluxing up into your esophagus and then into your throat. You should address this- it would likely help your breath tremendously.
Try the measures above. If that doesn't help, contact your regular doctor. (give it a week or so)