Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I am interested in lung transplant. I have COPD, emphazema

I am interested in lung transplant. I have COPD, emphazema asthma and broncitis. I was diagnosed 2 years ago. My older sister died four years ago of the same thing. She only lasted three years from the time of being diagnosed. I would just like to get my name on the transplant list somewhere in Canada, Toronto preferably. I can't seem to get my doctor to take me seriously. Can you please help me? I don't even know if it is in both lungs or just one but I do know that sometimes it feels like my chest is going to explode. I did smoke over a period of ten years but as a single mother back then I had worked in some very unhealthly(according to todays standards)factories breathing in degreasing agents(trichloraphoric ethelene) Please let me know what to do. Thank you so much. p.s. I am 64yrs. old
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 years ago.
Have you seen a lung specialist yet? A pulmonologist?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I saw a man in Midland at the hospital and ha told me I would be on the inhaler Advair (?) for ever. He did a test with the blue inhaler and told me they did nothing. He said something about my inhaling was 44% and with the Advair it was up to 50%. That's it. Never heard back from my doctor and I'm with a new doctor and he told me to take 5mg. of singular at night.
Who is your doctor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my dr. is Dr. mcInnis in Wasaga Beach Ontario. He is my new doctor and put me on singular.

I would ask for a referral to a large university hospital with a transplant center.

or at least a referral to a pulmonologist.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

would you know names of hospitals in the toronto area that specialize in this area that I can pursue in this matter.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Are you near a university hospital?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't know what that means. There's Toronto General but I don't know what you mean by a university hosp.

I would ask to see a pulmonologist at Toronto General.