Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate
18703594

My boyfriend says that his penis goes numb during sex, he says

My boyfriend says that his penis goes numb during sex, he says it feels just like how one's foot feels when it's fallen asleep. He says it's almost painful, but it's only when we have sex. It doesn't happen when I'm giving oral, or when he masturbates. What's going on?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Is this the shaft of the penis?
IS he able to ejaculate?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, he still ejaculates normally, usually it only takes him about 10-15 minutes to be ready to ejaculate, sometimes less. But he says that it's like the whole thing goes numb and feels almost like it's "went to sleep".
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Since he is having a nerve that is compressing during this - he really should have an exam done by an Urologist to see exactly what is happening. Unlikely this is anything serious, but a genital exam should be done to make sure that all is well.Sometimes this can occur do to anxiety - so perhaps talking to him about this too would help.
I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, thank you