Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr oz back about 4 year i got a drug indused lups they told…

Customer Question
dr oz back about...
dr oz back about 4 year i got a drug indused lups they told me that i would not have any sideafects from it. gress what? i have got about 8 things that you get with lups. i need help to find someone that can give me help no one know whats going on. please help me if possiable. thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/7/2011
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 6 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
Dr. Oz does not answer questions on the internet.
Let me ask you
have you seen a rheumatologist?
he gave me 4 scripts and after i started to take them i got deathly ill
OK
And did you go back to have the medication adjusted and changed?
no i called him and he keep taking me off the meds 1 at atime and that didnt help.
OK
And do you know the names of the medications?
methotrexate2.5mg take 5 1s aweek predisone 5mg hydroxychloroquine 200mg 2xday
OK
if you are still sick ask this doctor about
imuran
cellcept
ariva

These are drugs that work completely differently from the others. Although somewhat similar to methotrexate.

there is also a newer drug benlysta

Treatment at this point has to be individualized.....

Good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

i still do no what to think about what is going on with me i cant get a stright answer from any dr they tell me they dont know what is causeing this
This sounds like you have drug induced lupus that has not been adequately treated.
I would suggest you see a different rheumatologist if needed, unless you will follow up with the one that put you on so many meds at once.
You can verify in some cases that it is drug induced if a lab test called anti-histone antibodies is positive.
good luck
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician