Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I generally have low blood pressure around 90/70. However

I generally have low blood pressure around 90/70. However for a few weeks I have experienced some chest discomfort and lower blood pressure. Yesterday, I went to the doctor with a fever and congestion and was diagnosed with Bronchitis. My blood pressure was 100/40. If I bend over I am very lightheaded but this has been the case for a while. Other than the recent heart/chest discomfort and fatigue that is the only symptons that I am experiencing. Is that pressure a reason to be concerned?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 5 years ago.
You only get light headed if you bend over? And is this like being dizzy or more like a fainting feeling?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes or get up fast. Dizzy and fainting feeling.I have to hold on to something for a minute.

how long has that been going on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Months
OK. This doesn't sound like a low blood pressure problem and your normal pressure can be fine for a woman. This sounds like benign paroxysmal positional vertigo which is a problem with the inner ear. I suggestion you see either a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist--or a doctor of osteopathy for Epley maneuvers and cervicocranial manipulations as these can very ofter resolve the problem.