How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chip (M.D.) Your Own Question
Dr Chip (M.D.)
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 31614
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Chip (M.D.) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I generally have low blood pressure around 90/70. However

Resolved Question:

I generally have low blood pressure around 90/70. However for a few weeks I have experienced some chest discomfort and lower blood pressure. Yesterday, I went to the doctor with a fever and congestion and was diagnosed with Bronchitis. My blood pressure was 100/40. If I bend over I am very lightheaded but this has been the case for a while. Other than the recent heart/chest discomfort and fatigue that is the only symptons that I am experiencing. Is that pressure a reason to be concerned?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 5 years ago.
You only get light headed if you bend over? And is this like being dizzy or more like a fainting feeling?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes or get up fast. Dizzy and fainting feeling.I have to hold on to something for a minute.

Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 5 years ago.
how long has that been going on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 5 years ago.
OK. This doesn't sound like a low blood pressure problem and your normal pressure can be fine for a woman. This sounds like benign paroxysmal positional vertigo which is a problem with the inner ear. I suggestion you see either a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist--or a doctor of osteopathy for Epley maneuvers and cervicocranial manipulations as these can very ofter resolve the problem.
Dr Chip (M.D.) and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Medical Questions