Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I have got a lump behind my knee, which i have had for some

Customer Question

i have got a lump behind my knee, which i have had for some time. it is getting bigger was a size as a pea at the brginning know it has doubled in size. i have had some pain there and know i suffer with pain btween my hip and knee. I have to sleep with my leg on a pillow and i'm scared to seek advice.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as baker cyst, blood clot formation or any infective cyst. Among all baker cyst is top on the list with this particular location common in people with a history of knee arthritis or tear to the cartilage. I will highly advise to see your physician at the earliest or visit ER for complete early evaluation & tests which should include MRI knee joint, doppler scan of leg, full blood count, ESR, c-reactive protein because important to rule out any clot formation asap. You may require to see orthopedic surgeon later on. Early evaluation is suggested. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what about my hip, this is getting painful at the same time has my knee. I some times find it hard to lay on this side of my body due to the pain. I also find it hard to get up out of a chair my hip and leg seems to go to the side.
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 years ago.

The pain in your hip is most likely due to arthritis as in your knee joint which I already mentioned above. I will also like to have your hip x-ray or MRI hip joint will be beneficial. I am concern about the lump behind knee which can be baker's cyst or any clot formation very important to rule out that. Follow the guidelines which I gave above & you will find those helpful. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed.